Monday, June 20, 2011

The show must go on! (part 2)

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Right after I found out Okemo won 1st place in the SAM competition, I was so sick that I slept right through the DePaul winners' recital! I was supposed to solo with DePaul's Oistrach Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Maestro Mina Zikri because I won one of the divisions. I was going to play Meditation from Thais. I love that piece! It's so beautiful with orchestra. I was disappointed that I didn't get to play with them. 

BUT, since I couldn't play with them, Maestro Stephen Blackwelder invited me to perform Meditation from Thais with the Waukegan Symphony Orchestra! Cooleeo! That was one of the performances in April.

2 comments:

  1. Ade, we were in Modesto, CA tonight at the Vivaldi Four Seasons concert, about the fourth row back, and you were AMAZING! God has given you such a talent, and it seemed like the music just flowed out of you. Thank you for the privilege of your performance. God bless you in all you do. We'll be excited to see all He does in your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete